Really Need Help With Streaming Quality/Issues - Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bazzy, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Bazzy, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

Bazzy macrumors regular

Hi All,

I have a Jume 2010 17" 2.66 i7 UMBP running SL 10.6.6. I normally use it in wireless mode for ease of use. As we all know, Flash sucks on Macs/OSX & I have real problems with stop/start &choppy playback when trying to watch live streams.

I have heard of things called "Video Accelerators" that are supposed to improve streaming & would like to ask, if there are any such for OSX & which one(s) are the best, most reliable & safest to use?

I have noticed on some streams that if I right click, I get a options for Flash Settings but I have never adjusted them as I do not know enough about them. Is there an optimum setting for that one should use for best streaming quality?

Finally, Is there anything else at all one can do or add that will make watching live streams tolerable? Please kindly offer as much help as you can & be advised, I am at novice level knowledge!

Many Thanks!

Bazzy!

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you mean YouTube and the like with "live streams"? Have you tested your internet speed with something like www.speedtest.net or have you CMD clicked the AirPort icon in the Menu Bar and looked what it says after "Transmit Rate"?