Really need your HELP guys!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zildjansg, Jan 11, 2010.

1. zildjansg macrumors 6502

Hi, im very new in this forum and find it superultraelctromagnetic informative..hehe..anyhoo,my problem is that i have a Powerbook G4 "15 1.25ghz 2G RAM 120gb which runs and functions great since the battery is still running about 2hrs,down side is that if i'll remove the battery and plug it directly,it will not turn on.

can anyone help or give me some advice or tips on what to do.just love my powerbook and love using it depsite its age.

Thanks you very much.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Um... so what's the problem?

Just don't take the battery out.:confused:

3. zildjansg thread starter macrumors 6502

..that it will not turn on if ill plug it directly.The reason im taking out the battery is that i can work long hours continously with out plugging and unplugging the AC cord if batt is in full charge and at the same time "preserving" the battery's life..hehe...so sorry to confused im a total noob.

thanks for the reply.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

You aren't supposed to take the battery out while you're using it.

Keeping your Powerbook plugged in with the battery in while using it is just fine for the battery. It will not cause harm to your battery to use it that way.

Whoever told you to remove your battery when it reaches a full charge is wrong.

5. zildjansg thread starter macrumors 6502

so its not advisable to take the battery and direct plug to AC?

btw,i didnt say to remove it when its fully charged.i just wonder why it'll not start when plug directly.

Thanks again.appreciate it.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

No, it is not advisable to take the battery out and directly plug into and AC outlet.

I'm pretty sure that the reason it's not working when you take the battery out is because it's not supposed to work that way.

7. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Several Apple laptops will run at 1/2 the cpu clock speed if it is plugged in with no battery. So you might actually be using a slower computer.

8. zildjansg thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you very much for the added information.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

10. zildjansg thread starter macrumors 6502