Really, no phones on 9/16?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleBatman, Sep 14, 2016.

1. AppleBatman macrumors newbie

So I, like many others, am on the iPhone 7 pre-order delay list. While it sucks having to wait a bit longer, it is what it is. However, are all of us really meant to believe that phones won't be available anywhere until after November? Amongst all the multiple retailers that sell these phones, surely all these places won't be just telling people no and come back in November and maybe you'll have better luck then. This is my first time on a little delay like this but is that crazy to think that the phone can't be that scarce after maybe a few days or a week from release? Maybe I'm just totally naive :)

2. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

3. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Not really following you OP. Many people have delivery dates of 9/16, and plenty of stores will have stock on Friday.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

He might be referring to the Plus models, specifically the JB. In that case, yes the delays might be until November to get your hands on one if you didn't pre order early for an October delivery.

5. ArkieBiker macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

Para Noya is not just a couple of Noya's, it exists in other forms too.

6. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

7. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Yeah, bare in mind that Apple also release opening day to 25 other countries (I think its 25.) So there are more hands on the pie this time around.

And not to push to your button or anything. All my friend about 11 of us did not have any problem placing our orders at 12:01am ish. All of us are expected delivery tomorrow. The 12th person ordered his at 8AM Pacific, his is in early October.

8. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

yes, the jet black takes much longer to make and its much harder to get that gloss finish. also i prefer them taking their sweet time with QA so i can get my phone perfect out of the box. plus i get it next week so its all good.

9. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

...they purchase scalped ones on eBay!

Attached Files:

10. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

If you're talking about being able to walk into an Apple Store tomorrow or over the weekend and pickup a 7 (regular or plus): I wonder if it might be like last year with the new rose gold 6s (in popular demand at the time). My wife didn't pre-order the rose gold 6s and come launch day these were sold out with expected delivery dates pushed well out (i.e. If ordering online). We have several Apple stores in Atlanta and she was able to pick on up on Sunday at the Apple Store...2 days after launch. The stores get new shipments of iPhones everyday and she was able to get the Rose Gold on one of these shipments. I would think one would stand a good chance of snagging one not the first weekend by just checking back regularly. Just a thought.

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie