Really no way to sync audio books and podcasts?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BlackbookGuy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. BlackbookGuy macrumors regular

Is this true - I can't run with the series 2 and listen to poscasts or audiobooks without my phone?

2. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I'm so annoyed by the lack of podcasts all the time. I think the workaround is to import the podcasts as regular audio files into iTunes (tell them that they are just music and no podcasts in their settings) and then you can of course sync them. It's just so annoying. And let's not even speak about the awfully slow Bluetooth connection.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I do not think the tiny battery is up to doing things like podcast or audio files yet.

4. BlackbookGuy thread starter macrumors regular

I get you, but how is playing iTunes songs different than playing podcasts?

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

6. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

You can control Overcast on your iPhone from an Apple Watch, but you can't use it standalone. You can sync a music playlist from your iPhone onto your Apple Watch and listen to it over Bluetooth without your iPhone being present.

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Oops.

8. StuMcBill macrumors 6502

Is there anyway this can be automated, so if I listen to an Audible audiobook while out for a run, when I plug my phone into my car, they will be at the same place. Normally the audible app takes care of syncing between devices.

9. Philsy macrumors 6502a

I was hoping this would be sorted with OS3. It would make so much sense to be able to listen to audiobooks and podcasts via the Watch. If it can play music, it should be capable of other forms of audio.