Really odd issue...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by docc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. docc macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

I know there have been several threads in the past about strange names showing up under the shared section of the sidebar in finder but for the very first time i have noticed this:

db._dns-sd._udp.0.0.128.10.in-addr.arpa.noptr.antlabs.com (Neighborhood)

There are 2 other entries similar to this but with different IP addresses.What the heck is this and why is it there? Sharing has already been turned off and so is Back to my Mac.

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Regards.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Antlabs creates network solutions. Have you connected to any wireless signals? It could be from that. How big is the file? Can you open it all in a text editor?

3. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

Check Search Domains in Network preferences (under DNS).

4. grassabber macrumors newbie

Any other solutions to this? I checked Search Domains in Network preferences (under DNS) and nothing there.

[​IMG]

5. tople macrumors newbie

Yeah, me too

I just noticed 3 of these as well. Just returned to the U.S. from Malaysia. The only wireless networks I was on was the hotel and the lounge at the airport. The three I show are:
    db._dns-sd._udp.0.18.168.192.in-addr.arpa.noptr.antlabs.com
    db._dns-sd._udp.0.24.168.192.in-addr.arpa.noptr.antlabs.com
    db._dns-sd._udp.0.124.168.192.in-addr.arpa.noptr.antlabs.com

I am completely illiterate when it comes to computers so I don't know what any of this means.

6. nazhine macrumors newbie

in-addr.arpa.noptr.antlabs.com is from Secure-Tunnel.net nearest i can tell. I use them when i travel overseas as they are a site side address and proxy server. Hope that helps.

*people running Webservers, FTP servers or other items of note will see this address all the time because its a VPN proxy and you can run everything over it.