Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Certain webpages are taking forever to load. Some stuff will load, and the actual page will look fully loaded content wise but I can't click certain things and the loading circular bar on chrome will keep spinning for sometimes up to 5 minutes. I've tried Safari and Firefox and they all do the same thing?

What could be going on?

A fix is sometimes to click the "Stop" X and then refresh and repeat that a few times. And it will finally allow me to click things on the page.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Certain webpages are taking forever to load. Some stuff will load, and the actual page will look fully loaded content wise but I can't click certain things and the loading circular bar on chrome will keep spinning for sometimes up to 5 minutes. I've tried Safari and Firefox and they all do the same thing?

What could be going on?

A fix is sometimes to click the "Stop" X and then refresh and repeat that a few times. And it will finally allow me to click things on the page.
Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
Restart your Mac.
Check to see if you have any ad-blockers, extensions or plug-ins that may be interfering.
If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
Restart your Mac.
Check to see if you have any ad-blockers, extensions or plug-ins that may be interfering.
If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

Tried both of those things :(

Still happens no matter the DNS. I even tried it on a different network, (at my school) and it still was doing it. The problem is also at my house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.