Really odd request

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by technopimp, Mar 24, 2011.

1. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I have a really odd request-has anyone recently purchased a MacBook Pro/MacBook Air/iMac from Micro Center? If so, would you by any chance either have or be able to take a scan of your receipt? I need to see what is listed in the description (you know how some stores will show like a part number and then a really cryptic description if it's tech gear, while others may actually show "27" Apple iMac"). If you do have a scan, would you be willing to share with me? I don't need to see anything that has any personally identifiable information, just what the line item for the Mac says.

Like I said, I know this is a very strange request, but I do have a method to my madness. Nothing illegal I assure you, has more to do with "wife acceptance factor" ;) Thanks!

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Could you flesh out the reasons as to why you want this information a little more? It sounds like you want the information to forge a receipt.

3. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I said, in no way am I trying to do something illegal. I'm just curious as to how much information it really has as to what you're actually buying...it's more of a "how much trouble will I get into with the wife if she finds the receipt" sort of thing than anything...sometimes, you have to get creative with the "accountant". :D