Really only $10 more/month to add an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMJustAGuy, May 12, 2011.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

My iPhone 4 is gone and I would like to get another one. Am I able to just add a line and get the upgrade then take everything off (texting, web) my current line which would bring it to only $10 more?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Yeh, but then you have to add data and pay for the phone AND the previous line.

3. Goldinboy17, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011

Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Nope. The other line would have to have a data plan since you purchased an iPhone. It would be $10 for the extra line, an additional $15 for the cheapest data package as well as an increase for minutes since you would have to be in a family plan. The cheapest they offer is $59.99 for the minutes alone.

$10 + $15 + $?

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

bingo

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

Nope, not actually. If you aren't gonna use the phone on one of the lines then the data plan can be removed from that line.

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Making it a separate account all together and even more expensive.

7. techFANboy macrumors newbie

not really... we've added lines to our family account for other businesses we've started and then downsized or removed data/texting/stuff... you can remove the the lost iphone's data plan off the account because those are considered peripherals... but make sure and change the sim card for it cause if someone finds it as soon as the account detects data usage it automatically re-enstates the data plan...

8. sbddude macrumors 6502a

If you already have a family plan (2 lines or more) then it would only be $10. If you deactivate the iphone and replace with dumbphone, then no data is required.

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Wasn't aware that was their new policy. I was informed when I lost my iPhone a few years ago the contract stipulates that I had to keep my data plan on for the two years. The CSR was probably BS'ing then

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bingo.

What else is new with those AT&T reps:D

11. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Awesome, just what I was hoping for.

Further I called AT&T (which is what I guess I could have done in the first place) and they confirmed, they said they would just give me a new SIM with my old number because they acknowledged what I wanted to do. While it's "cheating the system" it's not against their rules or anything and they do it all the time and she said she was more than happy to help me.

Thanks, +1.