Really pumped...I will be getting the iphone 5 afterall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Sep 7, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Amazing

after looking like having to wait till the 6 next year as my contract doesn't end until next december there was no possible way to get the 5 and was happy enough to stick with the 4.

Now my girlfriend said she will put money towards the phone a good chunk of it along with my parents xmas money....I may not get it till after the release time but still cant wait.

It means my girlfriend will have my 4 and her dad will have her 3G

Just hope that apple don't change the sim. I hope to be able to put my sim from the 4 into the 5.

What happens if the sim needs changing? how will I get my phone to work? will it matter that im under contract elsewhere? would i need to contact them? how does that work

Im guessing alot here would be doing the same? just buying the new iphone while still under contract?

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

if the sim needs changing, at&t will swap it out for you. assuming youre in the US that is

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

nah UK

Hoping vodafone would do the same?

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'm pretty sure all official iPhone carriers would swap out your sim for a compatible one for free.

5. tomtom101 macrumors regular

The carrier changing the sim card would be the last thing i would worry about... Theres no question that in the UK Vodafone will give you a new sim!! Yeay for you getting a new iphone!!!

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Hope so

Hopefully the price of the iPhone stays the same

I do wonder what the lowest GB phone will be on the 5. I would obviously go for lowest amount GB due to cost.

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The initial cost of getting the phone is peanuts compared to the monthly fee you have to pay over 2 years. Who's paying that?

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

£500 is hardly peanuts

I pay £31 a month for mine currently

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Even non-official ones might give you a sim too. Remember that T-Mobile US has micro sims that they are gladly giving to iPhone owners even though they aren't an official carrier.
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Card

In Europe generally you pay the cost of the phone outright from the beginning, thus having lower monthly fees. I prefer that to the system we have here in the US where we get a subsidized initial price and then get higher monthly bills to make up the remaining cost of the phone.

10. DJinTX macrumors 6502

So her dad will get a 3G, not a 3Gs? Seriously? That sounds torturous. Why not just kick him between the legs and steal his wallet?

11. The Game 161, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Why do you say that?

He will have the 3G which was my original phone which I gave to my girlfriend when I got the 4

He has always wanted an iPhone so everybody is happy and isn't bothered what type it is.

12. DJinTX macrumors 6502

I guess I should have clarified my statement...if this 3G is running iOS 4.0 or later, it will run painfully slow and won't be a positive experience for him. It will only lead to frustration and him wanting to throw it out the window. Of course I suppose it is possible that this particular 3G is still on iOS 3 or earlier, in which case, it could run ok.

13. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

He isn't Into the latest updates to be honest think he just wanted a better phone than he has how. Really old one. Think the label of having an iPhone impresses him.

Speed wise it is fine for my girlfriend still luckily.