Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairbeckwith

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just have a really quick question, because I have never used a Mac before.

I'm looking to buy a Dell Mini 9 and use OSX86 on it, and it is my impression that everything will work. Almost the entire 8 GB SSD will be taken up by Leopard.

My question is, can I install applications to an SD card to use with the built-in card reader? Will these applications show up in the dock, etc.?

Thanks so much!

Guiyon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I just have a really quick question, because I have never used a Mac before.

I'm looking to buy a Dell Mini 9 and use OSX86 on it, and it is my impression that everything will work. Almost the entire 8 GB SSD will be taken up by Leopard.

My question is, can I install applications to an SD card to use with the built-in card reader? Will these applications show up in the dock, etc.?

Thanks so much!

The system MIGHT panic if the default set of applications are moved but the system really doesn't care where you put any additional apps, as long as it can see them. There's really nothing special about the dock either; it's just adding a link to the path of the application that you dropped in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.