Really sad about Targus.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Stealthipad, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I, like many others, purchased the Targus Slim case for my new iPad 3 and found that the sleeper function did not work. The magnets were reversed so it did not put my new iPad to sleep.

No problem, Targus said they would send me another. FINALLY arrived today and it does not work either. Sad what has happened to Targus

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

:(. How disappointing.

3. plucky duck macrumors 6502

The new Targus Versavue for iPad 3 no longer advertises magnetic on/off as a feature. It uses the same packaging as for the iPad 2, except with a new "feature" stick over top of the old feature listing. Instead of solving the issue, they just eliminate the feature altogether. The actual product didn't feel as nice either as the Versavue for the iPad 2.

4. DuckSoup, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

That's not entirely true. They did that for the ones that were already out in stores.

They ARE manufacturing new ones with the feature and they will be hitting stores and will be shipped to folks that were promised replacements.

I cannot blame them for the "Sticker" and still sell the "defective" ones. Many people do not even care about the magnetic on/off and will buy the ones in stores right now. Why waste all of that stock as a loss, especially when it is clear it was not the fault of the various manufacturers?

Mike

5. plucky duck macrumors 6502

This was a just in stock item at my local Staples. I've been checking the store for stock a couple of times a week and were previously out of stock. Perhaps you're right and they are still clearing out old stock in their inventory system.

6. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I will never buy Targus again. I am liking the Yaboo (spelling?) leather unit. Suits me fine and shut the device off perfectly while adding little to the thickness of the device.

7. glen e macrumors 68030

I personally don't have any idea why Yaboo is so touted here .I think they are junk.I have two of them , I've had them for about a year and gae them away to some kids down the block. they are flimsy, lousy material ,they smell and I absolutely think you're being shilled here as they just aren't that good , yet everybody rave's about them. seeing is believing ....

in terms of Targus they'll come back .they made a mistake , they jumped the gun , will pay that price ..but to say that they're totally in trouble is just ridiculous

8. bandiit999 macrumors newbie

Plus 1 here for targus making a comeback.

9. mcsenerd macrumors regular

I feel really bad for the folks that got a bad slim case. I guess I just got lucky, as I bought mine on launch day at Best Buy and it works fine on my new iPad.

10. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

My sleep/awake worked fine as well but after using it for a few days the front cover started to warp so I returned it to BB.

11. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

My Yaboo never had any odor, do not know what is going on at your house:eek:

My Yaboo works! More than I can say for my last two POS Targus Slim cases.

There might be a reason that "everybody rave's" about Yaboo, that smell just might be from something else:eek:

12. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I hope Targus is able to work this out! I was one of the lucky ones who pre-ordered the Slim Case & got one where the sleep feature works. I really like the Slim Case - it's so light & thin!

13. glen e macrumors 68030

Wo...how adult...my house stinks....grow up, Yaboo is junk....period....

14. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I actually really liked my Yoobao case that was on the original iPad. Was good quality, even stitching and held up well.

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I just bought one for my iPad 3 and the magnet smart cover function works perfectly. I no longer have the package to see if it's even mentioned, though, as I was surprised that it was a feature.