Really Slow Data Is it the Phone or Network?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Oct 21, 2011.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Ok I have been testing out my 4S data speeds all over town and I am only getting between .5 and 1.5 mbps. Thats pretty slow right? When my phone is tapped into my wifes t-mobile internet it gets up to 6.48 mbps in the same spot. I called AT&T and they said that my city (Yorba Linda, CA) has very good 4G coverage and that I should be getting a good data signal. I got better speeds on my 4 then I do on my 4S. Could it be the phone. I mean it could have a defective chip right? I'm thinking about taking it into apple and testing it against the phones they have on display and seeing who my phone compares. What do you guys think?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Try selecting a different speedtest server. Sometimes the default one is too overloaded & doesn't give accurate results.

3. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I tried that but it does not get any better. It seems to pick the fastest server available which for me is always Las Vegas. I have servers that are closer to me but they are slower then the Las Vegas server.

4. docgerrard macrumors 6502

I wonder how many ATT people came in here to criticize Sprint

5. calvy macrumors 65816

My iPhone4S gets **** speeds on both wifi and AT&T 4G. I'm not sure what to do

6. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That Sucks. I think I am going to make an appointment at the apple store and see if my phone compares to the speed the phone have there. If its about the same speed then its the netwrok and I'll live with it. If there is a big difference between there phones and mine maybe I can get it swapped out.