Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Tomb Raider is the first PS3 game I've played in years. Been wii-ing it. I'm stuck right at the beginning maybe due to not understanding the timing of when you should hit buttons. I need any advice you can give me. Its the part when the Russian pulls you out of hiding. You hit triangle twice to kick him and then bite him. You then get his gun and the game says to wiggle the "L" stick and then hit square. Ok, so I'm assuming I just take my thumb and go back and forth on the left thumb thingee. Ive then tried combinations of: stop wiggling and hit square. Keep wiggling and hit square. Hit square over and over. Hit it and hold. Hit it and let go. Nothing. I'm stuck. At 6% in. Please help me before I go crazy and start slapping my kids around again.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You have to wiggle the left stick to the left and right very fast, then hit the square at just the right time. You only hit square once. If you watch there is a sort of pulsing circle outline that pops up just before the square appears on the screen. That is telling you it is almost time to hit the square, so get ready. You have to hit it right when the square pops on the screen... not before or after.

Took me a few tries also.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
You have to wiggle the left stick to the left and right very fast, then hit the square at just the right time. You only hit square once. If you watch there is a sort of pulsing circle outline that pops up just before the square appears on the screen. That is telling you it is almost time to hit the square, so get ready. You have to hit it right when the square pops on the screen... not before or after.

Took me a few tries also.

Thank you. I try this. Do I stop wiggling before I hit square or do I keep wiggling? Thanks agai

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thank you. I try this. Do I stop wiggling before I hit square or do I keep wiggling? Thanks agai

It did not seem to matter either way for me. This same mechanic is used a couple more times later in the game, and I struggled with it each time also. :)

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Finally. I hit the square button a lot. It seemed to move the gun toward the guys face. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.