Really URGENT. Need buying advice NOW.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suga, Jul 28, 2014.

1. suga macrumors newbie

Well the thing is....
    I want to buy 13'' rMPB 2.4/16GB/256.
    It is really cheap from B&H right now since i would not pay tax...$1570 final.
    The problem is that i need the macbook shipped before 3rd August, because i am leaving the country.... and, as we know, tomorrow is going to be a speed bump.
    My concern is how much time it takes to be available the refreshed macbooks in third party stores and if this non-standard configuration will be available at that time too. I am interested In B&H in particular because of the lack of tax. Remember i need it before 3rd August, wich is sunday, so i will need it this friday and this means buying tomorrow.
    Or, at least, i would like to know if this model would be discontinued tomorrow or if it will be a price drop due to be "old" but this price drop on B&H needs to be tomorrow.

I hear any advice on what should i do.

i have $1600usd to expend on a macbook but i need it this friday, so i need to buy it tomorrow!!
    Thanks!

2. Sifinity, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

do you plan to to sell it in the next 1-2 years?if so then wait and get the refresh , if you plan to keep it for 3-5 years then just go ahead and buy it as its only going to be a .2 ghz refresh

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Buy it now. Don't worry about a refresh. I doubt a 3rd party vendor like B&H would have a custom model that fast anyway.

4. suga thread starter macrumors newbie

ok but at least it is possible that they make a price drop tomorrow?

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

If you buy it tomorrow from B&H, it won't be shipped until Thursday unless you call them directly, order first thing in the morning and pay for overnight delivery. It may also depend upon where you live and what they use for expedited shipping. Obviously the US Postal service delivers on Saturday and they almost never can get stuff to you overnight like UPS or FedEx. I think I read somewhere that appleinsider had a special deal with Adorama to give away a free apple care plan with the purchase. I think it ends by July 31 but I may be wrong. Tough call, tight time line. Best, if possible, to give a call first thing the the morning and see what they can do for you. Good luck