Really want iPhone X to flunk badly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UKapple73, Sep 14, 2017.

1. UKapple73 macrumors regular

I regard myself as a lover of Apple products but for the first time ever I want one of their new phones to do badly. Why? Because they are now taking the pee out of us. To me, £1150 for a phone is a lot, it’s a months hard work for a lot of folk in the uk.
    I wouldn’t mind that so much though if the phone was truly innovative and worth the money, but what do they give us for 1150?
    1. An OLED screen. Which competition have been using for years now, and on top of that it’s lower resolution and dimmer than competitors screens.
    2. It’s not edge to edge like other similar phones
    3. Wireless charging. Again, been done for years on other phones
    4. Face ID. Regarded widely as a step back from Touch ID, and even then Samsung have iris scanners etc now
    5. A great processor. Fair enough , the A11 will smoke all others, but tbh, given what we do on our phones day to day, will we notice it??
    Is there anything else for our 1150 ( or 1000 for 64gb, way too low storage) for most people. Not giving a 128gb option is pure greed from Apple.
    Like i say, taking the pee now

2. Nik macrumors 6502a

Thread #143 on iPhone X pricing and couting.

Don't buy it, vote with your wallet. As long as people pay those prices, there is no reason to lower them.

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

You know what I would like?
    A little innovation in new threads, something different
    Instead we get the same recycled design that has been used post after post
    Oh sure, the internals are upgraded slightly, but overall it is the same design only usually longer with more time investment involved on our part to read it

Hell, the last time we had an innovative thread was back when the 4s came out
    If Steve were still alive, he would never let threads get posted like this

4. Goldfrapp, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

you're one malevolent person

I don't even wish ill upon Trump

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I'm not a fan of any of the newly announced iPhones. I have several criticisms of Apple's design choices.

But I stop when it comes to where you are going with this.

I just thought I'd take my money elsewhere and buy something else. I get what I want and Apple doesn't get any money from me for something that I do not want.

I think that's enough for me.

6. BasicGreatGuy, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

What is with all the self-centered, look at me I am important because I am not buying the iPhone X model, because it cost too much threads?

Since you have your mind made up, what is the point of the forum announcement? Are you looking solace, converts, or lots of attention?

Time for some of the forum members to grow up and stop acting like spoiled kids demanding their own way.

7. anaudiopro macrumors 65816

anaudiopro

Like Nik said, speak with your wallet. That is the only language Apple will understand.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

I, for one, am very excited for the iPhone X
    • Larger screen than my 7 Plus, but a physically smaller phone is beyond awesome
    • Edge to edge display makes photos, video, apps, etc, more immersive and almost like you're looking through a window (you can quibble about how 'edge to edge' it is, but they've moved the overwhelming majority of the bezels, which is the goal)
    • The quality of that display. :eek: I don't care if other phones have OLED. They're not running iOS and able to have all the full, built-in integration I depend on on an hourly basis. Also, supposedly a lot of work was put into this OLED to overcome many of the shortcomings of other OLED displays. The jump in quality of the display with the X alone would be worth the price of entry for me. (bit of conjecture here: I'm wondering if they'll take advantage of the FaceID sensors to know when you're not actively looking at the phone to do some pixel-shifting of whatever static images might be there to help mitigate burn-in that OLEDs can be prone to -- if so, that's another win for FaceID)
    • TrueTone. Love it on my iPP 12.9", will love it here
    • Continued camera improvements, video filming improvements (4K at 60FPS? yes please! 240fps slow mo at full HD? very very nice. That on top of dramatic improvements on the motion sensing/adjustments, 2xOIS, etc). As the de facto photographer of the household, and given that virtually all photos are taken with my iPhone anymore, every bump in quality is appreciated.
    • Significant CPU and GPU speed increases
    • Bluetooth spec (5 vs 4.2 that's on the 7-series phones) offers double the range, twice the speed, and enough bandwidth to support two sets of headphones at the same time.
    FaceID being 'regarded widely' as a step back from TouchID is premature. No one has had a chance to really play with it. I'm a huge TouchID fan. You can find posts from me over the last several months expressing concern over the rumored removal of it. I also said I'd wait to try it before formulating an opinion. Some random Internet Dude saying 'FaceID is going to suck, huhuhuh' has absolutely zero bearing on my ability to come to my own conclusion after I use it.

I love the look of this phone and I love its capabilities.

Can. Not. Wait. (ok, obviously I can ... but the waiting sucks)

9. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

I'm from UK too mate and I get the point about price Apple have seriously ramped up, one on one v the dollar is really stretching it.
    But you pay for what you get, don't like it, feel ripped off? Don't buy it.

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

OT: Love the pic of your pug. Pugs rule.

11. PhoneI macrumors 68000

The Samsung face scanning and Iris scanning can easily be defeated by a photo. The Apple version will be far more secure.

12. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

Why would anyone?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 ---
    Do threads like this make the person feel better? I don't get it, Tim Cook isn't going door to door forcing you to buy anything.

13. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

This is what I think when I read these threads.

Attached Files:

14. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Lol that’s pretty spot on, it’s almost like they are desperately trying to make you not like or buy the phone because they can’t/won’t