Really want this answered...

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Okay so we have one home computer and that's it. I've turned on home sharing but I realized that 1). I'm the only person in my family that uses it,& 2). I don't like sifting through everyone else's music.
So is there a way I can either home share a particular playlist,or have 2 different iTunes libraries open at once? Cause I'd like for the library I call my own to be open all the time

MFL2012

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Not really sure what devices you're sharing with, but with an iPad, iPhone or ATV it is very easy to homeshare playlists. I don't think you can have multiple libraries open at the same time, though.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Why not use separate user account for each user and log in to said user to listen to that music?

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
You can share an iTunes library via home sharing if you do fast switching on your Mac. I do this all the time as a way to copy songs from 1 library to another on the same machine.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
You can share an iTunes library via home sharing if you do fast switching on your Mac. I do this all the time as a way to copy songs from 1 library to another on the same machine.
Good to know for the future bur We're using a pc for right now while the Mac is being repaired,so is home sharing still available?

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
So I created another user account and apparently iTunes just won't open separately on one computer:(

bobsax

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
hi
Please put pertinent info regarding the question in the title of your future threads.:):D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.