Really want to use MAC in a mixed world!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tivoboy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. tivoboy macrumors 68030

So, I am finally thinking of giving up the thinkpad and going full mac. I use apple/macs already, have for about 30 years now but I have only dabbled using VMWARE or parallels, to test things and have for backup of programs that I don’t have mac versions of, such as MSFT project and outlook integration.

But, I am now thinking even for my work environment, I could actually put in a macbook pro and use the virtual environment to essentially play nice with my corporate environment via a windows xp installation, but still be able to do the things I know and love on the mac. Office use, document creation, web, internet, my regular email programs, etc.

So, my question is. Does anyone have real world experience using and performing in a truly “winternational” environment with the mac/running windows in parallel in a more corporate windows/pc environment?

Are they still really any hiccups, and issues? What should one focus on for HW/SW? More RAM for the virtual world? Are there corporate networking tricks beyond what I have already mastered to get to file servers and such?

Any great websites for this bi-polar behaviour?

Thanks in advance for the direction.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead