Really weird bluetooth feature in new 3.1 beta~

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pismodude2, Aug 8, 2009.

1. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

A2DP Bluetooth devices (which usually have pause, play, skip/next, and previous buttons on them) have never worked to do anything but pause and play music on the iPod touch and iPhone thus far. The next/previous button now actually serve a purpose, albeit a rather odd one-

If you open an mp3 file (or similar) in the Safari browser, it begins to download and play it similar to how a video is usually played, and it works just like the music app (for the remainder of music playback). You can even go to the home screen and it will continue to play!

Now, when you are listening to a song in Safari and you press the 'next' button, it will begin playing music in the music app. It works the other way around too, so you can press next to swap between the song each app (Music/Safari) is playing, and you can be in an entirely different app altogether while doing this. I know it's kind of pointless, but at least they are taking a step in the right direction as far as getting Bluetooth controls to operate correctly ;)

2. Lukeyboy01 macrumors regular

Lukeyboy01

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Hopefully it is work in progress then, I am always getting my earphone cable snagged on something and having them yanked from my ears so I am enjoying the freedom of bluetooth but I do wish the << >> was functional.

4. no.1 Apple Fan macrumors regular

no.1 Apple Fan

me too :D