REALLY WEIRD MBP problem! Mouse blurs out everything it touches!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matt1987, Sep 5, 2007.

1. matt1987 macrumors member

Okay, this morning I turned on my MBP and I noticed a problem I have never heard about or seen before.

When I run my cursor over anything - text on the browser or file names in OSX or the top bar menu - or even the Dock, it slightly blurs. It becomes blurry, as if when I run over it, it becomes italicized. Only it's not some nifty feature because it's not like a clean italicization, something it becomes a bit fragmented, too and just blurry.

This has happened every-time I move my mouse over anything but then the letters turn out fine when I move the mouse away.

This is so irritating. Is there anything I can do?

2. matt1987 thread starter macrumors member

This is starting to really scare me/annoy me!

It's as if everything I touch gets a double placed over it -making text look all bold, fragmented and blurry and same with images. Basically anything the cursor goes over the screen.

WTF could the problem be?

3. matt1987 thread starter macrumors member

SERIOUSLY. This is driving me nuts! God bless whoever can help me...please!!

4. Pim macrumors member

Pim

5. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

6. joebells macrumors 6502

have you checked your universal access options could be one of them :confused:

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Yeah, I mean they've got to be fair to those of us who see too well, right?

8. joebells macrumors 6502

its worth looking at(said it because aunt had problems with universal access last night)

9. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Oh, I fully agree... it was the first thing i thought of when i read the post. Just thought it funny.

10. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

I posted about this issue yesterday and I ended up making an appointment with the Geniuses at our local Apple Store. We went through everything from testing the RAM to the HD. Nothing conclusive, but we did suspect one of the programs that I was using. In any event, I had some Archive/Install issues due to a bad Disk2 so we ended up doing an Erase/Install and now everything seems to be working fine.

I wish I knew, for sure, which program (if that was the issue) was the culprit.