Really weird problem - Help please?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tigerj360, Jul 7, 2011.

1. tigerj360 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm new here so go easy

I have searched around the forum for ages trying to find an answer to this one but no luck...

Basically I was using my iPhone4 16GB and it had around 40% battery. when i went to use it half an hour later it would not turn on or show any signs of life. It is jailbroken using the latest green poison.

I began by trying a hard reset, nothing no sign of life. Still i have so far tried:

Holding center button while plugging into a computer
    Hard reset
    Holding center button for ten seconds then trying to power on (the proximity sensor problem)
    Charging over night and trying a hard reset
    Basically everything that has been suggested

Now the weird thing is when i enter DFU mode itunes recognises it and says it needs a restore. so i try and it comes up with error 1603

I really don't know what to do so if any one could help i would owe them big time!

Plus if it is in restore mode does that mean the evidence of a jailbreak has been wiped and i could just take it back to an apple store?

Thanks for reading

Jon

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you want to take it to the apple store, dfu then restore as new. Don't install your backup. If you have to replace your phone, you'll want to wipe it before exchanging it anyway.

3. tigerj360 thread starter macrumors newbie

DFU is the only mode that works but it wont restore. If i have attempted a restore and its failed is it still wiped? (Since its in restore mode)

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

What firmware are you trying to restore to? If not latest, do you have saved old SHSH files? If yes, make sure your host file is pointing to Apple and not somewhere else, like Cydia or locally.

5. tigerj360 thread starter macrumors newbie

The newest firmware, i don't have any saved SHSH files :/

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

If you are restoring to latest 4.3.3, you don't need to have saved SHSH files. Make sure your host file is pointing to Apple's servers. If you are not sure how to do this, you can use Tinyumbrella. There's an option in the program to set it to Apple on exiting the program.

7. tigerj360 thread starter macrumors newbie

Top man! I think thats where iv been going wrong! will try this later thank you very much :) so if i uncheck that box and do a restore with the latest firmware it should work?