Really Weird problem with External Drive

Discussion in 'macOS' started by odinsride, Oct 11, 2007.

1. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I have noticed that when I mount my external drive (1 partition), it shows up as being mounted twice if looking under /Volumes in terminal, but only appears once in Finder. The first mount point is empty, and the second mount point contains the actual files on the drive. I originally discovered this when I created a Virtual Machine in VMware Fusion and it went to the empty mount point to create the virtual disk. Once I discovered this, I moved the VM over to the real mount point through the terminal. Hoping the weird extra mount point would go away now, I unmounted and remounted the drive, but it's still there. Please see the attachment...any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

I am assuming that the one external is Venus, and you have the issue that in Terminal, you have Venus and Venus 1. I just ran that on the MacBook Pro that I am using, and there are only the 2 external partitions that there should be 'External Storage 0' and 'Time Machine'

3. odinsride thread starter macrumors 65816

odinsride

Yes I don't understand why I have both Venus and Venus 1 when it's only a single partition on the drive.