REALLY Weird rMBP Graphics Issue out of Sleep (Video inside)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stephen1108, Dec 12, 2013.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

http://youtu.be/mQMPkmZhpEk

Here's the video showing my problem, it's pretty easy to explain too. This is the second time this has happened to me when waking my rMBPro out of sleep. It's the mid-2012 15inch model running the latest public release of Mavericks.

At the time the major apps I were running were Microsoft Office and Powerpoint. I'm trying to think back to the last time I had this issue if those two apps were running too, and I'm willing to bet they were since I rarely open them. I only use them for school related occasions, and I think the last time this happened I was completing a study guide just like I was tonight.

PowerPoint uses the discreet graphics card, just thought I'd throw that out there lol.

Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? My biggest fear is it's my computer's graphics card going awry but it could also be software related too.

Any input is appreciated y'all :D

2. leman macrumors G3

3. zOlid macrumors regular

zOlid

Strange issue.

Gotta be annoying to have your "session" interrupted like that.
    Especially since you had it on your nightstand, the lube, tissues and a bottle of water ready. ;)

4. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

ROTFLMFAO, I already knew how that was gonna look when I hit end on the video but I didn't feel like shooting another one.

It does come in handy in this cold weather and keeping my legs from getting ashy. :D

----------

I think I may have pinpointed (part of) the issue, after doing some research the problem seems to be linked to having your display set to the highest resolution and sleeping. And whenever I do school work I have it set to the highest res for the extra space, so that's probably it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4036736?start=210&tstart=0

5. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

It just did it again when waking out of sleep mode, but it was only half of the screen....

6. zOlid macrumors regular

zOlid

Fixed it for you.

I'm so sorry, I'll stop now. I just couldn't help my self. :)

7. raybies macrumors member

Format C: start again.

Boot in to recover, reinstall everything... welcome to the Mac world.

8. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Had this happening to me once.. plus, whenever I hit Esc, the screen would turn black. Really weird. What I did at the time was a forced shut down and never had it happening again.