really weird

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by godlyme, Mar 8, 2012.

1. godlyme macrumors newbie

my girl and i got new service with at&t. we both kept our old iphones from previous service but got new account and new phone numbers. She asked me today why i texted her friend from her phone, but i hadnt. Her friend thought i was spying on her, and so they showed her "who is this etc etc" from her phone. I thought what ever, odd.

anyway today my cousin shows me a message from her (this is now a second person), it is her messaging him "hello", then he replies back, and then there is a reply "who is this i dont know you" he showed me because he thought it was funny she forgot who she texted, but when i told her the story she showed me she only texted him the first "hello" message and she never got a reply or sent any of those responses....is there a ghost?

whats up???

2. normanbates macrumors regular

Are these via iMessage by anychance? If they are are you using the same Apple ID on yours and your girls phones?

It is possible that, unless you are still paying for the old contracts, AT&T have already recycled your old numbers already

3. godlyme thread starter macrumors newbie

no just regular text messages... basically my cousin responded to a text message of mine, but response never came to me, even weirder is that some one else responded to it, and it wasnt me or from my phone but said it was! happened twice now this week from different people