RealPlayer Nightmare. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kashchei, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I created a file using all the official realplayer software back when I was the webmaster at my job 8 years ago. I just realized I needed one of the files I created back then. I updated to RealPlayer SP and Converter and tried to play the file. RealPlayer gave me a "general error message" when I tried to open the file, and the converter wouldn't recognize the file, which made it impossible to convert it. I've just spent the entire morning on the phone with Real, only to have the blow me off (the program didn't update properly on my machine and I should deinstall and reinstall and try again, even though I've had the same problem on two separate machines!).

Bottom Line: can anyone resurrect the attached file?

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Use VLC Player and its Streaming/Exporting Wizard (Shift+Command+W) and export it to .wav (Uncompressed, Integer or Floating Point, 512kbps).

It worked for me and I got a .wav with 1m13s length and 3.2MB size. I compressed it and I can't attach it via the Attachment function of this board, as the maximum file size for .zips is 1.x MB.

3. Kashchei thread starter macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Thank you so much for your help! I can't seem to figure out what to do when I get to the screen "Additional Transcode Options." It doesn't seem to want to create a file, but it wants me to select a file instead. What do I do in this situation?

No problems, I sorted it out. Thank you so much for your help! You did in 10 seconds what Real couldn't do in a morning.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Here are the steps, sorry for the screenshot, but I like using Preview too much.

[​IMG]

WTF, you bloody bastard, you have to use the above screenshot to figure it out. Don't do something like this on your own. ;)