Realtek driver download

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Frits, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Frits macrumors member

Hey there,

I'm on a 24" alu iMac (late 2008) with boot camp 3.1 and windows 7 64-bit. Everything works perfectly except for the sound, it's horrible quality. No hiss but just very bad quality, really very bad, hurts my ears.

So, I searched around and more people have this problem. People say to download the newest drivers from realtek, but their site is a complete mess and it is not possible to download the drivers anywhere, some of the download links I "don't have permission to view"..., and one makes you go around in a circle saying the object has been moved "here", but here is the start page.

So my question, can anyone give me a direct download or torrent or anything of the newest realtek high def audio drivers (R2.46) please?

thank you, Frits

2. JaZzMaN251 macrumors regular

JaZzMaN251

Realtek HD drivers

There you go!

Good luck!

3. Frits thread starter macrumors member

I need a direct download. This is exactly what doesn't work. Maybe try it yourself before you give advice..

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

5. Frits thread starter macrumors member

Oh, never mind, I see it is a problem with safari. I downloaded firefox and it doesn't say I don't have permission to view with firefox. But.. yeah, I am not going to wait 5 hours. Maybe I'll download a torrent, I saw one that was a little older, but I would still rather have the newest.

6. Frits thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so I had downloaded the realtek driver from a torrent, had a lot of trouble with installing it because windows 7 keeps installing its own driver after restart so the installation couldn't finish, but I got it to work and it still sounds bad, exactly the same, except it wasn't so loud anymore.

Then I downloaded a soundfix app from a guy on some forum who had made it for exactly this purpose, and it worked and it did improve the sound much, but it wasn't really good yet and it also ****ed up the sound through my headphones (which did have good quality, it's just the drivers for the speakers that suck).

So.... now I uninstalled it again and I am very angry!!!!! :SSSSS WTF Apple, you can't even make sure there are good drivers for the few hardware you have!!??! And WTF Realtek YOU JUST SUCK YOU CAN'T EVEN WRITE GOOD ENGLISH ON YOUR SITE OMG

7. JaZzMaN251 macrumors regular

JaZzMaN251

Frits from Holland, thanks for the nice reply to my post.
    I did try the link myself and as it worked for me (using Safari) I posted the link.

Hopefully you'll find help soon, including the driver you need.

8. Frits thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, well, it wasn't a direct link but thanks anyways.