Rear Invisible Shield Back coverage protection for the iPAD

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by wiretapMD, Apr 10, 2010.

1. wiretapMD macrumors member

My 2 Invisible shield back coverage protectors arrived today. Thank God for USPS Saturday delivery. I decided to get only the back protection since the front LCD has the screenguardz already. Also, the invisibleshield screen protectors aren't as good as the matte screen protectors due to its "rubbery" consistency which interferes with the normal gliding movements of the fingers. The underside of the iPad is especially prone to scratches, so this would definitely help in the protection especially if one plans to use the iPad in all its naked glory. Plus, the "rubbery" feel adds to better grip.

Here are some pics. Started with the 32GB model on the right side then took pictures of the naked 64GB to its left for comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shapefactor macrumors newbie

It looks excellent! Looks like you've done quite a good job with it :) Love the anti-glare screen protector you've got and how it enables your finger to glide effortlessly and how it's fingerprint-resistant.

I'm just somewhat concerned with whether the colours are less vibrant (I have one on my iPhone and while it is not severe the colours do appear quite washed out) Guess it's just a tradeoff for the anti-glare properties it offers.

3. wiretapMD thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your kind compliments. I have a little experience in installing invisible shields since I previously installed them on my pre-unibody MBP as well as my girlfriend's unibody macbook. The technique is to spray the shield liberally with the applicator liquid prior to laying it on the surface so that you can still manipulate the placement easily. I then do the squeezee and top it off by hastening the drying process with a hairdryer

Regarding the colors, they don't appear to be washed off at all. I've seen some cheap matte protectors and the colors indeed appear faded, dim, and washed out. I guess you get what you pay for.

4. ArsDigitalis macrumors newbie

About IS

Which one did you buy, the Full Body Easy Install or the Maximum Coverage?
    ArsDigitalis