Rear skin that provides some grip?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rzod, Oct 12, 2011.

1. rzod macrumors newbie

I was planning on using a Power Support Crystal on the front and back of my 4S (I have one on the front of my 3GS and love it), but I'm afraid it will be too slippery. So I started looking at skins like the SGP Skin Guard (Deep Black Leather) or the Phantom Skinz matte. Do either of these provide some "grip" or are there any other skins I should be looking at? Thanks!

2. whatdoiknw macrumors member

if it's just for the back, then Invisible shield would work. it's grippy enough that I can lay it flat on my hand and hit about 80degress before the phone slides off.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

ZAGG's are quite grippy however, if applied incorrectly, they can be quite hideous.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Has an awful orange peel effect to it regardless of application method.

5. whatdoiknw macrumors member

the "orange peel" has never really bothered me and it's not that noticeable unless you really try to nick pick it out. and if it's just the back then no biggy really. also, the iphone4 is probably the easiest to apply any shields to since it's all flat and no curves to worry about like the 3gs

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I have the phantom skinz matte and love it. A little less grippy than zagg but should fit the bill for ya. Install was very easy with wet install.

7. archdelux macrumors 6502