Rearange Your IpT Icons.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vividdemise, Oct 13, 2007.

1. vividdemise macrumors member

Well so I found that you can edit N45AP.plist found in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

now this file is in Binary so it needs to be converted
    http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    Above url is an online converter found somewhere trying to get my cal to work.

Now I used the file M68AP.plist that Customize writes when you save your icon arrangements to grab the key codes for all my icons..

So I'm guessing that the Iphone pulls the icon arrangements form M68AP thats why Customizer writes there. but Ipod stores that info in the N45AP file.

now don't just cut and copy everything form the Customizer file to the N45AP file. This will leave you unable to move the music Photos and videos due the the string differences between the to units..

Now if I have mixed something up pls let me know i can make the changes..

Current Ipod Touch Screen Shot

As you can see I'm still having some problems moving some icons.. thats because i did a cut all and paste.. if someone could email me the unedited N45AP.plist to vividdemise@gmail.com i would be greatly appreciative.

2. druck macrumors newbie

3. vividdemise thread starter macrumors member

4. adamman41 macrumors regular

my understanding on changing icons is u go into that nblablabla file.plt or whatever it is and u can just copy and paste and switch it around, is this wrong, ive also backed up (copied and pasted the original listinto a word document? thats how you back it up right?) my original setting and will do so everytime b4 changing document, have i been rearranging incorrectly though, will it screw me up? as long as i keep the names and eveyrhting fine shoudlnt it work?

5. tonybeyondo macrumors member

6. vividdemise thread starter macrumors member

<- Windows User sorry to say but icant afford a mac.

7. California King macrumors 65816

Sounds easy. Now what .plist do you edit?

8. vividdemise thread starter macrumors member

:rolleyes:

9. dragonguy83 macrumors member

CAN someone help please help me find the dirrectory, i can seem to find the core services folder