Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
can soem1 give em a quick how to rearrange icons, im logged into my ipod on WinSCP where do i go and what do i do thanks, i dont wanna screw up anything so i wanna be very careful that i know what im doing, thanks.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Someone posted the file to download in the "Post your Latest Springboard Thread". But you have to know some coding to get it to work right. I downloaded it and looked at the code, I'm too tired to get all riled up about it so I'm leaving it for later. If I find that link again I'll link it here.

SpikeX

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist

You have to convert it to non-binary first somehow, then open it. It's an XML file containing a list of applications in order on the SpringBoard. Any not listed there get put in some random order at the end. You need to know their COM Identifiers (i.e. com.apple.mobilemail is for Mail.app). Once you are done, put it back on the iTouch in the same place (you do NOT need to convert back to binary, just leave it as a text file, XML.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007

You have to convert it to non-binary first somehow, then open it. It's an XML file containing a list of applications in order on the SpringBoard. Any not listed there get put in some random order at the end. You need to know their COM Identifiers (i.e. com.apple.mobilemail is for Mail.app). Once you are done, put it back on the iTouch in the same place (you do NOT need to convert back to binary, just leave it as a text file, XML.

i thinik i figured it ou, u just kinda switch the names of things right? depending on where uwant them, i did that, thats right right? dont wanna mess anytghing up, how do u do those cool backrounds and icons? i saw u had one, how can i create my own thanks

SpikeX

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
i thinik i figured it ou, u just kinda switch the names of things right? depending on where uwant them, i did that, thats right right? dont wanna mess anytghing up, how do u do those cool backrounds and icons? i saw u had one, how can i create my own thanks
Download and install SummerBoard, but not from Installer.app

SpikeX

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Installed SummerBoard. Now, how do you move the icons?

I just told you.

You have to convert it to non-binary first somehow, then open it. It's an XML file containing a list of applications in order on the SpringBoard. Copy and paste them to move them around. Any not listed there get put in some random order at the end. You need to know their COM Identifiers (i.e. com.apple.mobilemail is for Mail.app). Once you are done, put it back on the iTouch in the same place (you do NOT need to convert back to binary, just leave it as a text file, XML.

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
I just told you.

You have to convert it to non-binary first somehow, then open it. It's an XML file containing a list of applications in order on the SpringBoard. Copy and paste them to move them around. Any not listed there get put in some random order at the end. You need to know their COM Identifiers (i.e. com.apple.mobilemail is for Mail.app). Once you are done, put it back on the iTouch in the same place (you do NOT need to convert back to binary, just leave it as a text file, XML.

Aaah. I thought you meant SummerBoard would do it too. Far too much work! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.