Rearrange passbook passes

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by alphaod, Oct 7, 2012.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have about 10 passes in my Passbook app; I want to reorder them; I'm not finding an option to do this. Am I missing something or is this functionality non-existent.

2. ps3zocker macrumors regular

You can't. It's always in the order in which you added the passes.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

You can't. Another oversight on Apple's part.

4. Allenbf macrumors 6502

I'd love to know what passes you are using. If I had a complaint, it's that Apple isn't pushing this in a clear way. There is no easy way to discover apps that utilize Passbook.

So far, I love it though!!

5. jman240 macrumors 6502a

That's the thing though. You may not have to rely on apps to use this feature in the future. Websites, emails, etc can add passes to your passbook.

Sample case would be you signed up for a email program at retailer, retailer emails you a passbook friendly coupon, from the email it's supposed to let you add it to passbook, no app required. Same with websites which is why that one that's going around to test passbook works. It generates the (XML?) that passbook and the iPhone recognizes and send the pass directly to passbook from safari.

6. Allenbf macrumors 6502

Agree, agree. I haven't received any like that yet, though, and there isn't a great way to discover Apps, etc. That's all I'm saying.

7. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

I use PassSource to create passes. I have created ones for my reward cards and membership cards. One card that doesn't work is Costco, who says I need my physical card.

For apps, I fly United, so I use their passes, buy tickets on Fandango, so movie tickets are good. The Amex site lets you created a pass to show your current balance and account activity.

8. pichito macrumors newbie

I added target, (target lets you add gift cards and sends coupons)
    I also setup BillGaurd (BillGaurd keeps track of your credit card balances... And warns you of fraudulent charges or hidden fees. (If you interested send me your email and ill refer you. It only tracks 3 credit cards, you get more free for referrals)

9. 3282868 macrumors 603

Thanks for the BillGuard suggestion. I signed up two cards, and found a few questionable transactions. Thankfully I am enrolled in Equifax Premier Plan, my ID was stolen in 2007 so I'm very careful with my credit history.

OT You can have a free credit fraud alert placed on your name through the credit bureau. Basically, any time an account is opened in your name, there is an alert in which they company/bank/etc has to phone the number you give and speak with you directly in order to answer questions regarding the account and to verify your credentials. It lasts 7 years, but you can instate it again at no charge. The other companies, Equifax, Experian, Transunion, charge monthly or annual credit monitoring fees. So if anyone if fearful that "Passbook" will make you more vulnerable to identity theft, there are free ways to monitor your credit/ID. :)