Rearranging keyboard to Dvorak

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by XboxMySocks, Oct 13, 2015.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Hey guys. I finally decided to go for it, and do this. Thankfully, Apple has rearranged the keys and their scissor mechanism which allows for the keys to be much easier to take off without irreparably damaging the scissor mechanism.

[​IMG]

So here's a little 'mini' tutorial (since I haven't seen one on how to do it on newer MacBook Pro's)

When you pull up on the bottom of the keycap, you should see a plastic arm running horizontally. I'm assuming you're using a flat head screwdriver or something similar. Run the driver very gently into the middle (this is where the scissor joints meet) and then very carefully move the driver over toward the left, keeping it ontop of the left arm. Do this, but the entire time be very gentle. Slowly move it toward the left side of the key and twist the driver downward about 20 degrees (that's all it should take, maybe a little more) and you should see/hear the one catch (there is four) on the front left side disengage. Move the driver toward the back of the key on the same side to disengage the other catch (again you should see/feel it), and then flip the key to the right. Now you can gently stick the driver in between the key and the end of the scissor mount right in the middle, to separate the two without stressing the individual catches too much (if you just try to yank it off you, risk breaking the catch on either side).

Cheers all! Happy typing :)

2. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks