Rearranging menu bar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jayhawk11, Nov 7, 2007.

1. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Hey guys...really trivial problem here, but it is kinda annoying. I just changed my battery icon to show only the icon (not percentage or time left) and it bumped my clock in between the airport icon and the battery icon (as opposed to between battery and the spotlight icon, where it was)

Here is a pic to show you:

[​IMG]

Is there a way to fix this? I tried dragging it but obviously that just opened the menu for the clock. Thanks for the help ahead of time

2. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Hold down the Command key and drag the icons to rearrange them.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

As a note, holding command down and dragging only works with Apple menu items. Ex. it won't work on adium or any third party menu bar items.

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

As a note to that note, :) I'm pretty sure those load right to left...so you can rearrange the ones you have load automatically by rearranging the order in which they load in System Preferences.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Correct but they will only show up after the Apple menu bar icons. I'm not sure why Apple hasn't fixed this yet.

6. jayhawk11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Wow....rookie mistake. I completely forgot about holding command down. I'm gonna go bash my head against a wall now. Thanks for al the help guys!