Rearranging menu bar

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Hey guys...really trivial problem here, but it is kinda annoying. I just changed my battery icon to show only the icon (not percentage or time left) and it bumped my clock in between the airport icon and the battery icon (as opposed to between battery and the spotlight icon, where it was)

Here is a pic to show you:

Is there a way to fix this? I tried dragging it but obviously that just opened the menu for the clock. Thanks for the help ahead of time

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Hey guys...really trivial problem here, but it is kinda annoying. I just changed my battery icon to show only the icon (not percentage or time left) and it bumped my clock in between the airport icon and the battery icon (as opposed to between battery and the spotlight icon, where it was)

Here is a pic to show you:

Is there a way to fix this? I tried dragging it but obviously that just opened the menu for the clock. Thanks for the help ahead of time
Hold down the Command key and drag the icons to rearrange them.

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
As a note, holding command down and dragging only works with Apple menu items. Ex. it won't work on adium or any third party menu bar items.
As a note to that note, :) I'm pretty sure those load right to left...so you can rearrange the ones you have load automatically by rearranging the order in which they load in System Preferences.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
As a note to that note, :) I'm pretty sure those load right to left...so you can rearrange the ones you have load automatically by rearranging the order in which they load in System Preferences.
Correct but they will only show up after the Apple menu bar icons. I'm not sure why Apple hasn't fixed this yet.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Wow....rookie mistake. I completely forgot about holding command down. I'm gonna go bash my head against a wall now. Thanks for al the help guys!