Rearranging photos in iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wkltan, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Wkltan macrumors newbie

I am facing 2 problems managing photos on my iPad:

1. Unable to move photos between albums. There seems to be a copy function but I cannot seem to be able to paste the selected photo in the right album.

2. After downloading photos into my iPad, not all photos are visible in the albums but visible when the "all photos" option is selected. Strange. How do I create new albums and then move these 'invisible' photos to the new album?

Frankly I'm no big fan of Windows but in terms of moving files or photos around, it sure makes Apple OS look like Mickey Mouse - I see no sense in having to go back to iTunes for everything. It's Apple's ploy to force users back to their store all the time.

Help/comments would be appreciated. Tk u.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm afraid you are stuck with having to go back to your computer to do any photo arranging.

The Photo App, is almost just a piece of demo software it seems.

It's just a tech demo of a basic picture viewer that does nothing else, and yes it does work and look nice but that's it.

I was hoping iOS4.2 was going to add more functionality to this app (perhaps it was rushed for the launch I thought) but no.

We will have to wait till next year then iPad 2 to see if Apple add any actual basic functionality to the picture viewing app.

Just make new picture folders (albums) and drag images around from one album to another would be the least you could expect.