Rearth

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Bacong, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

Anyone try any cases by this company? I was recently given a free test unit, and I was surprised at the quality of the fit. It's a silicon case, but a very firm silicon, and is a much better fit than the Switcheasy Colors case. All the buttons are covered, too. It's a pretty nice case, I'd say it's definitely nicer than Switcheasy's, which disappoints me.

2. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

I don't have any experience with them, but they do look very interesting. I am not too sure about that Apple cutout though. I like the idea, but if it leaves the back open or if it doesn't have a film to protect the back of the iPod, then it kind of defeats the purpose of protecting the back since stuff will get in through the opening.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Excellent case for iPod Touch.

I received one of the free test units as well. It fits very well, and is a much better fit than the case I had for my iPod Touch 2G - that one was too flexible and kept coming off. The Rearth case solves a big problem for me - the Touch is simply too slippery to use without a case; I was constantly nearly dropping it.

My headphones work just fine with the new case and the sync cable still fits well. I don't mind the cutout on the back for the Apple logo.

4. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

I just received a couple to review. I will be posting the review in a day or two after I do some more testing on it. So far I am pretty surprised by the quality. I'm usually not a fan of gel / silicone cases, but I am really digging the Ringke.

Here's some quick snapshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68020

Bacong

Man, I really wish I would have gotten the color I asked for! That white is AWESOME.