Reasearch informing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by azez, Mar 24, 2016.

1. azez macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    I am a masters students who is studying the customer behavior as a project in college.
    I have been observing your posts for the last month and a half.
    this study will help us in knowing what are the customers issues and how can they be solved.
    for the purpose of the ethical approach of conducting this study, I have to inform you this and I can guarantee you confidentiality and anonymity.

cheers.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I pity your professor if you can't even spell "research" correctly.

3. Mainiac macrumors member

Mainiac

I feel so violated.

You have to inform us for ethical reasons that you've been observing us for a month and a half. Time frame seems rather arbitrary.

I'm just kidding. Nothing is private on the internet plus I've only been here for a couple days myself. Let us know what you think of us (as a group obviously, not individually).

4. AliMacs macrumors 6502

He's probably using an iPhone SE to type it out. Too small of a display to type correctly.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, that phone that no one has yet. And that device and screen size that millions have been using for years now just fine.

6. AliMacs macrumors 6502

I forgot the /s

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

So did I. ;)

8. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

9. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

For ethical approach to conducting your study, isn't it desirable to disclose the name of your university; course and research details as well?

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

[​IMG]

11. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

That just made my day.

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

OP, clearly you're not a native English speaker. What is your native language, country and University name? For full disclosure we have the right to know that.

And of course how can we opt out?

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not post your thoughts and opinions in a public forum.

14. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I have been having paranoid thoughts for the last six weeks, as if someone was watching my posts.

Know I understand these feelings have not been paranoid at all, but rather justified by your disclosure. I thank you for advising us regarding your observations, as I know feel much relieved.

By the way, I have a Masters Degree, in Science.

The thoughts and opinions expressed are not my own. They are not based on fact and any resemblance to real thoughts and opinions are purely coincidental. They may be taken from an agragate sample of thoughts and opinions expressed in this forum or could be made up entirely from random impulses sent to me by "THEM", when not wearing my aluminum hat.

:rolleyes:o_O

15. azez thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    I can deal and understnad all the reactions have been made. thanks for the great people that this did not annoy them and sorry for people that upset them.
    yes I am not a native speaker. by the way I made a mistake when I said ( I have been observing your posts) you know its a grammar mistake :), I have done that. and I am not observing you anymore.
    for the people who want the full disclosure.
    yes I agree that you have the right to know that.
    I am studying in Dublin University. my native language is Arabic.
    for Givmeabrek you do not need to worry. this project im having called (Netnography) which means studying online communities online.
    this study is not going anywhere and the main purpose of it is making the students able to study this kind of community in their future career and help their customer out and satisfy them.

I hope that everything is clear now and I am happy to answer anything else
    hi HEK. thanks for your understanding. such studies makes the world moves forward and if companies did not conduct them. they reduce their chances to help customers better.
    cheers.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016 ---
    guys by the way. I can share with you the results of my study if you would like me to do so.

cheers

16. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

We have an old saying in my country. " What the HEK"
    No disrespect, but I am choking on my drink as I read all this. iPad has coffee spray all over it. LMFAO

Oh and the world keeps moving forward due conservation of momentum and spin inertia. That Master of Science thing.

17. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

Thank you for the full disclosure OP, appreciate it.

Ah what the HEK, just get some more coffee ;)