Reason 4 Mac - Changing from cracked software to legit

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Habsman, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Habsman macrumors newbie

Ok, i might as well be honest to get the answer i need, hope someone can help!!

Im going from a cracked version of reason 4 to a legit copy.

Problem is, i have no idea how to delete the license off my mac.

I have tried completely uninstalling reason and ive been through the library into app support and the receipts folder and deleted anything reason related, but it still stores the cracked key?!?

How do a delete my license key so i can use my legit key? Can anyone help? I dont know where else to look!

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

try a fresh install of your OS ;) that will get rid of everything ;)

3. Habsman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer, but there must be an easier way than this?

Is there a location where a license key might be stored on my mac that im not checking?

4. belvdr macrumors 603

Try searching for it in Terminal:

Code:
    sudo find / -type f -exec grep -i -l -e '<insert portion of key here>' {} \;

5. Habsman thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you tell me typically what sort of format license key files are.

Im new to Mac you see

6. belvdr macrumors 603

They vary. Did you enter the license key somewhere? Use that in the search string. For example, if you entered ABCD-1234 as the key, then use ABCD or 1234 in the search string.

7. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

While I do not support your piracy, if I were you I would get AppZapper (it's is pretty useful, cheap but you could just download the demo and use that) and uninstall the app with that and the license key should be gone. Then just install with the real key and you should be okay.

King Mook Mook

8. beaner454 macrumors regular

I second giving AppZapper a go. It works amazingly well for me, and has removed all associated preference files along with the app in question for me.

Also you might as well go ahead and buy AppZapper-it's only like $10, and you'll find yourself using it over and over again.

9. Habsman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies.

AppZapper looks like an awesome program, it still didnt romove the cracked license though! :eek:

Oh dear oh dear!

10. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

like i said, try re-installing you OS, it really isnt any harder then popping a disc in the drive click a few buttons and leave for an hour or so ;)