Reason Apple Did Not Know About Antenna Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gregjola, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregjola macrumors newbie

I'm not sure why no one has realized this yet but I know exactly why Apple did not know that their special new unibody antenna would have the major design flaw it does.

The reason...

Remember when the lost prototype was found???

What was it in?

You guessed it. A CASE. All new iPhone 4's were placed in cases in order to hide their identity.

Therefore, I'm sure when these new phones were being beta tested no one was actually holding them "naked". Hence they would not get the interference that us new users are experiencing.

I (along with many others) see this as a MAJOR issue that Apple will NOT be able to resolve with a software update or handing out free cases. This is a major design flaw and I see a pretty substantial recall coming in the near future.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Really?

This was talked about the day the phone released. Welcome to last week man. Wow.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Cool, thanks for signing up to macrumors without doing a search. Your input is greatly valued.

6. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm embarrassed FOR the OP. Seriously, this is Macrumors, gossip and rumors START here.

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Seriously? Three things for you to chew on:
    1. How on earth do you know this? This is speculation much like everyone else's opinion on it.
    2. This has been discussed 1000's of times already in the last week. At least.
    3. This doesn't just happen in "the field". The same signal loss issue happens all over so I highly highly highly doubt Apple wasn't aware of this issue a long time ago.

8. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Agree. But this was discussed at length when the phone first came out.

But its only now that we seem to be getting confirmation that Apple does not intend to do anything to fix this. There is no software fix. A hardware fix will be overly expensive. They're current plan seems to be denial.
    Not the user experience I expected from Apple.
    Not the customer support I expected from Apple.

Seems that their need to be secretive has caused a huge problem for them.
    Having one critical product that is released once a year, in secret with little early testing has caused this to be a huge deal for Apple.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket... cause if it falls...
    Don't make all your iPhones based on one untested design.

9. kuaiyouming macrumors 6502

One of:

Apple knew and...

A) was arrogant enough to think that it could change the way people hold phones
    B) chose not to do anything
    C) both A and B

Therefore, class actions abound.

10. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Class action lawsuits disgust me.

11. kuaiyouming macrumors 6502

Good points. It is the denial and blatant lying, not the mistake itself, that will damage Apple's reputation and cause its customers to consider other options in the future.

12. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

If it wasn't for class action lawsuits we'd still be eating spoiled food, driving deathtrap automobiles, drinking poisoned water, breathing air so thick you could chew it and probably running Windows on Mac hardware for lack of another choice.

Oh yes, and you wouldn't have "amd" in your screen name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.