Reason for 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ph4ist, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ph4ist macrumors newbie

The answer is very simple. Apple didnt want to release SDK with a crappy Firmware (1.1.3). 1.1.4 is simply so SDK doesnt have to run on a firmware with so many bugs. Apple wants a firmware with a solid foundation for SDK to run off of. The release of this must mean we will see SDK soon. Just to clarify peoples questions about why release the firmware.

2. specops macrumors regular

you say that like you have a clue of what your talking about but the truth is your guess is just as good as mine. I agree with you though and think this update was just to prep for the SDK launch.

3. bubba316 macrumors newbie

Maybe to fix the 1.1.3 dropped call issues or something along those lines.

4. zetsurin macrumors regular

Thanks for clearing that one up, I think we need to pass the news around to all the unofficial Apple sites to let them know that you have come through with the official word.

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

It appears some stuff has been done for the SDK in how applications run. But we'll only know for sure when the SDK ships I guess.

I doubt the bug fixes are anything to do with the SDK though. They're just handy bug fixes. And while I think Apple are really dragging their heels with essential functionality, some of these fixes are genuinely helpful so I'm not too upset.

Phazer