Reason for appointment only try-ons?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Hexcruncher, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Hexcruncher macrumors regular

As well as managing the try-on appointments in a manner so that people know they can turn up and try on a watch at a time they are available to do so, perhaps the appointments are also for theft reasons?

Like using a demo iPhone in store its not as easy to steal, they're secure and someone would notice you trying to take one off the tables, however when you try on the watch the device is physically strapped to you and walking out would essentially be very very easy.

But with appointments made via your Apple ID, Apple would have your info such as address, card details etc. It would be very easy to identify you by CCTV and the link between the appointment and your details.

Sure you could make a fake Apple ID and no-one would know, but it makes sense as an extra security option in place for Apple.

2. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

I haven't been to an Apple store recently but I'd imagine it's because of the demand to try on the watches. If everone can come in and tried one, there wouldn't be enough staff or space in the store to serve everyone. However, if appointments are scheduled in certain time intervals, multiplied by the amount of staff availible, it becomes more organised and less chaotic.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Main reason for this try on period is Apple does not have stock to fill orders.

4. Hexcruncher thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeah I agree, I don't think the security benefit is the main reason, but its helpful for Apple