Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
The two phones are the same thickness i do not see why they couldn't do this besides having the option of upgrading it next year so people continue to buy phones.
How many of you are buying the 4.7 and are upset about the camera upgrade?
Seems like a much bigger deal then the whole image stabilizing plus only feature they had on the 6/6+

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Unsure that thickness is the only factor. The plus is quite a bit wider too.

That said I'm not saying it's impossible. Just that the camera clearly also takes up more space "left to right".

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
The same thing was said about the reason they couldn't include the same camera in the smaller phone in previous models and now they have it. Same/similar camera bump(minus the other lens) now also.

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The same thing was said about image stabilizing when the 6+ had it and the 6 didn't. Now the smaller phone has it.

Absolutely. It can be done without a doubt. It's a shame also because I really wanted to downsize to the 4.7 inch but I want the camera in the 7 plus. I CANNOT wait until Apple gets rid of the ridiculous top and bottom bezels. Guess I'll have to deal with it at least another year. o_O

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
They need to justify the $100 increase.

$120 price increase to get the Plus. And the camera definitely does help justify that higher price. And the rumor is you get another Gb of RAM as well as more battery life.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
The same thing was said about image stabilizing when the 6+ had it and the 6 didn't. Now the smaller phone has it.

When I think about things like this I always come down to the conclusion that technology advances over time and engineers learn new ways to create smaller parts and fit more into tighter spaces in small devices and I believe that's why image stabilization wasn't available in the 4.7 phones 2 years ago. Apple also has really high standards and doesn't just jump on the feature bandwagon without a lot of testing to pass their standards.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
The two phones are the same thickness i do not see why they couldn't do this besides having the option of upgrading it next year so people continue to buy phones.
How many of you are buying the 4.7 and are upset about the camera upgrade?
Seems like a much bigger deal then the whole image stabilizing plus only feature they had on the 6/6+

image.gif

Reactions: x-evil-x

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
$120 price increase to get the Plus. And the camera definitely does help justify that higher price. And the rumor is you get another Gb of RAM as well as more battery life.

RAM is needed for bigger phone and with bigger phone comes better battery, that's a given. Apple could've thrown in same camera on 4.7 leaving customers with only the choice of preferred size. Of course that would hurt Apples bottom line so they only leave it in the plus. Apples success isn't an accident.

skyehigh

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Waken up , it will be in the 7s , its all about the money. Samsung is still miles ahead and their phone is older.

lchlch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2015
You seem to be forgetting that removing the headphone jack gave a lot of free space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.