Reasonable price for a boxed Quicksilver?Cube?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by repentix, Oct 20, 2014.

1. repentix macrumors regular

I am just about to buy a 733MHZ Quicksilver G4 in its original box with every bit of documentation on the machine included, the machine itself is in very good condition. The price would be 35$ with local pick-up.
    In addition I am looking to buy a working G4 Cube for about 75$ local pick-up, without the original box.
    How do both of these deals sound? Is the price reasonable?

2. catzilla, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

Boxed, I would say that is a good price. Not sure about the cube.
    Wasn't the 733 QS the low-end crippled no L3 cache edu model?

3. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'd buy the QS in a minute for that price, probably even w/o the extras you mention.

As for the Cube, the last I checked working examples were bringing that much if not more on EBay before shipping. If it's a model you want, IMO that's a fair price for it provided that the plastic is all good.

4. repentix thread starter macrumors regular

Had a look on everymac.com and it says that it has 256k l2/l3 cache which sounds reasonable to me.

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Under $50 for any boxed Mac is a good idea. Keep that box around and who knows what you can flip it for later on. $75 is good for a cube, but they've gone up a little in recent years. If you want one that also has speakers and power supply, expect to get a little closer to $120. If its just the cube itself, then $75 should do it.

6. repentix thread starter macrumors regular

Where can you get a cube powersupply for cheap?

7. MysticCow macrumors 6502a

MysticCow

The Digital Audio model has a 1 MB L3 cache on the 733 MHz model. The 733 QS did not (the 867 and dual 800 models do). This comes from Mactracker.

8. weckart macrumors 68040

Yup, cannot see the 733MHz having L3 cache when my single CPU 800MHz does not.

9. repentix thread starter macrumors regular

Got the cube today, it's a 450MHz G4 with 1GB of Ram which seems acceptable for 60$. So far I am absolutely loving my cube :D, it's something special and unique and a prime example of getting form and user expansibility combined in one nice cube ;)