reasons for buying white iPad mini over black

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lowlypeace, Oct 25, 2012.

1. lowlypeace macrumors member

I had a white iPhone 4 and then white iPad two, then I bought the black iPhone 5 because I though it looked cooler, however.

I still think the back of the iPhone 5 looks cooler, the slate is lovely and I like the black less reflective chamfered edge, however what I notice going back to a black device is that you don't notice the phone as much.

I know, this is a conundrum, because it was one of the reasons I had for choosing black - the bezel disappears, but, what you realise as a consequence of that is that, you no longer notice or enjoy the fact you actually have the device anymore, only the screen. Catch 22. It is actually nice seeing the device, the design, the outline and proportions. In anything other than bright light, you may as well be holding an android device when its black, you don't get to really appreciate the design.

So that is an ironic reason for choosing white over black - you get to see the design and bezel, which was originally a reason I had for not getting white.

Another reason for white is that you don't see the fingerprints or dust as much.

Im noticing the black iPhone shows up smudges and fingerprints and little specks of dust all the time, rather annoying.

thats some of my reasoning for choosing a white iPad mini - interested to hear other peoples reasoning

also going for a mini instead if full size because of the weight and size, and ability to pretty much do everything you can full size. Only disappointed about not being retina display - and am hoping the speakers are decent, good bass and loudness.

ipad mini is going to provide the iPad experience everyone maybe originally expected - a tablet device that is light, easy to hold in one hand for a while and read, much more convenient to use and move with on the go, I think it could end up being bigger than iPad very quickly

2. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

3. lowlypeace thread starter macrumors member

lol

the black looks really good on the website and I think the back looks better - but due to finger smudges and being able to see and appreciate the form factor I think I will go white (although not too keen on the big shiny silver apple logo)

4. HabSonic macrumors regular

5. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

I love how bright the white bezel is in comparison to the black.

6. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Well..

SCUFFGATE!

White is less noticeable and I hate using condoms over the iPad.

7. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I'm just doing like I do with my iPhones. If I currently have black or white, I get my new one in the opposite color. That way I don't get tired of one or the other.

8. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

cinema display
    imac
    macbook pro

the black bezel helps you focus on the content

that's why most tvs have black bezels

that's why the first iphones and ipads all had black bezels

it's a function

9. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Is the black model the same as iPhone 5 or did they make the metal stronger with, eg. coating, or any different treatment?

Black model will eventually become white once the paint scratches off :p

10. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

same anodization, i reckon

i think the only spots that get's worn off are on the diamond cut edges

the back is extremely scratch proof

11. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I would really hate to start using a full case for the iPad... lol. Still can't do away without a case on iPhone 5.

Does the smartcover cover the edges?