Reasons to believe it's software.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadSkillzPhan, Jun 29, 2010.

1. MadSkillzPhan macrumors newbie

So I have played around with a few things to troubleshoot the reception issue. Nothing seems to fix it. I have not tried a bumper though. I have a bestskinsever covering the front, back and sides. My wife has a 2G and I have the IP4. Ever since I got the phone with the reception issue, I would always compared it to my wifes 2G. It always seems to have lower bars.

So tonight I did a test around my house putting the phone down without holding it. Letting it sit down for a few mins for the bars to be accurate. Hers would show 2 bars mine would show 1 or none. Hers 5 bars, mine would be 3-4 bars. Sometimes she would have 5 bars and mine 1-2, sometimes none. The reception is substantially different. The 2G is on firmware 3.1.3. Sorry I do not have a camera to take pics side by side which is currently in my office at work. I will do so in the morning.

Has anyone tried comparing older iphones with the iphone 4 by just sitting it down and not holding it.

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

I've decided to stick with my original concept which is this:

The phone is a piece of hardware operated by the software operating system. It doesn't matter if the issue is with the hardware (the ridiculous antenna design, my opinion of course) or with the software (which could play into the situation quite significantly), the point of all of this is:

"It's the phone."

Not one, not the other, but all of it together, which means it's the iPhone 4 itself.

3. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

That's a he'll of a theory Einstein. I wonder why someone else didn't think of this c:rolleyes::rolleyes: