Reasons to upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Helloha, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Helloha macrumors newbie

so my current 2012 i7 retina machine still has a score of 13500 on geek bench 3. The 2015 model had 14317,I doubt the new 2016 model will be faster. Are there any good reasons one should upgrade? Besides marginally improved battery life and screen?

2. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Nope. If the touchbar is not a "must have" for you then I personally don't see a reason for you to upgrade.

3. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Wait it out and see what the benchmarks are if that is what is important to you. Then you can make an informed decision if it is time for you to upgrade or not.

4. jerryk macrumors 68030

Dramatically faster SSD, over 6X for you. But this probably only matters a lot if you do video/music editing and rendering, or other work where your read and write big files.

Smaller and lighter also.

5. SVTM macrumors member

SVTM

If you have to ask this question you do not need to upgrade.

6. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

Not sure why op gives two data points to judge a machine, asks if the new machine is worth getting, while inferring the thing that is important to them--benchmark scores--won't be any better for this new machine than last year's. Despite the fact the all-important scores haven't come out yet.

This post does not come off as a good will honest question. It comes off as baiting for yet more argument. I don't get understand the purpose of the post if you're already inclined to not see it as a value. Does everyone need to have their passive aggressive voice heard over everyone else's?

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

This is the right answer.