Reasons why you love the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I see a bunch of threads about why people hate the iphone and/or are looking for the next phone that is "Better" then the iPhone.

I dont have my iphone yet and people dont like it because it doesn't with landscape text, MMS, Camcorder...in my opinion if you wanted it bad enough you jailbreak it.

I like the phone because you can make it different from other peoples phone by having different applications or even not update to firmware 2.2.

I look forward to getting to use the iphone first hand.:D

2. rtmadden macrumors regular

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I like the iphone because I like trying to explain to people why the most advanced phone can't send/receive MMS messages out of the box. I have gotten pretty good at it.

4. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Hahahahaha

5. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

6. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Because no matter what problems I may have had with it, all the gripes and frustrations, at the end of the day: it just works. And I'm happy :)

[And even though I don't like iTunes on Windows, carrying one device instead of two is great as well!]

7. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

You bastard! I keep calling you and you never answer! I guess now I know why... :D

Number one reason to own an iPhone, imo: the ultimate convergence device. The best mp3 player on the market meets phone meets calendar meets whatever else you can fathom, thanks to the App Store.

It's funny, how as technology improved we got more and more gadgets... remember when people used to carry a cell phone + pager + PDA + whatever else. Now, with phones like the iPhone, it's going the other way. Soon I think the iPhone (and other "super"-smart phones) will start replacing all manner of gadgets. Imagine being able to turn off the TV, lock your house, start your car, and pay for dinner, all just using your iPhone?

8. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

or use the iphone as a wii controller...lol but then again, would you be swinging around a phone controller that cost $600+:confused:

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It has it all
    except a native video camera and radio.

10. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

There you go. :)

It's like this. I love my iPhone because (1) it does everything I'd want a smartphone to do, (2) it combines a PDA, a music player, a game console, a cellphone, and a compact camera all in one neat package, and (3) the multi-touch screen is a work of art. Need more reasons? :)

11. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

12. ex8886 macrumors member

Simply because it's the best phone I've ever had. Mobile Safari is good enough so I don't have to carry my laptop to school all the time. Even at home when I'm looking something up, I rarely ever have to run upstairs to get my laptop. The camera is pretty good for 2MP, way better than my previous phone (also 2MP). My iPhone does have MMS and video recording, and let me tell you, it's by far the best video recorder i've had on a cell phone, beats any HTC/WM phone (of 2MP)!

13. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

When the iPhone met App store, that's where their chemistry started :rolleyes:

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

when i look at my iPhone i… Jizz In My Pants

15. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

16. Robby9279 macrumors regular

Definitely NOT going to bother looking at that link lmao!
    What is there not to love about it honestly? It's Beautiful.
    ^ Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question. :p

17. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

The OS is simply amazing, looks beautiful, very stable and has alot of functionality but yet remains easy to use. totally the opposite of windows mobile.

18. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I fail to see how a device with no appendages or A.I. could make you a sandwich. Or a cup of coffee. Or give you a massage........ lol

20. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

it has been said by others before my post but i love the iphone because of the convergence.

When i first went off to college i had a phone, PDA, laptop and and MP3 player that i had with me when i would take off to class every day. eventually i got a treo and was able to merge my cell phone and PDA into one device, but i hated the mp3 player on the treo, so i still carried around my ipod. When the iphone came out i thought it was going to be a piece of junk ( like my treo was ) so i went to an apple store the day it came out in an effort to talk my friend out of getting one. ( i was going to get a blackberry and wanted someone to use the blackberry chat program with ) well, im glad that i was out of contract with verizon, because i ported that day to the iphone.

The GUI is easy to use, the iPod app works great and the internet is unlike anything other mobile device.

Now i just carry my iphone around with me, the laptop stays at home, unless I plan on going somewhere that i am going to spend a lot of time on the internets, or to the 'in-laws' so i can get on the computer and let the time fly by.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I like it because it allows me to reduce the number of devices that I carry.