Reauthorizing Computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AK10R, Oct 29, 2009.

1. AK10R macrumors regular

I recently updated my iTunes then my iPhone to the latest version. When I updated my iPhone the iTunes told me that I needed to authorize the computer. I did so and it told me that this was my four out of five computers authorized.

I have and original 8G phone (2+ years old) and I’m running Windows XP on my laptop. I have never connected my iPhone to any other computer. I also have and iPod that I use on this computer and with the same iTunes account.

My question is what will happen when five out of five authorization code are used up?

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Typically when you get to 5 you're SOL, but I have had good experience with Apple in resetting the number for me. I've had 4 machines and at least 9 iPods. I've forgotten to reauthorize a few times. A phone call usually helps me. However, if all is well now just sit tight as there's no need to worry.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Also, once you reach 5 now, theres is an option in My Account under the store, that lets you deauthorize all, but you can only do this once a year

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If you view your iTunes account (Store>View My Account) there is an option to Deauthorise all computers which resets the count.

5. AK10R thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you all…. I appreciate all the helpful tips to help me with my iTunes/Phone issue. It’s nice to know that I won’t be locked out of my iTunes account…..

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's right. I called, I don't recall it being an option when it happened to me but I could be wrong. Either way, they've given me back all of my machines twice in a 12-month period after I explain to them how many devices I have in a house with one person.

7. AlvinDj macrumors newbie

So if we were to deauthorize manually via iTunes, we can only do that once in a year ? Or what ? Can anyone clarify on this ?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can manually deauthorize and reauthorize computers in iTunes as often as you want. I've hit my five computer limit, so I've been deauthorizing and reauthorizing computers manually to juggle them around. It's just the deauthorize all five at once option that you can only do once a year.