Rebate for Canada - Macbook Pro + Printer + Ipod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrplough, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mrplough macrumors member

I am quite confuse on how to submit the rebate. It says mail it in with your UPC. Now, I don't know how many UPC's my Macbook box has but do I submit 2 separate forms? If there are two UPC's and I submit both I won't have anything for the future. Could someone please enlighten me on the process of rebates and UPC's :confused:

2. GabooN macrumors regular

I have a similar question. I have just purchased a macbook pro with the 8gb ipod touch. I haven't received them yet but I am looking at the rebate form so that I know what I will have to do once they arrive. I wish they did the online rebate for Canada as well..

On the form it says to include the UPC label from the macbook and the ipod. So I have to cut them off the box and mail them in with the rebate? Then I no longer have a copy of the label? Am I not allowed to send in a scanned copy? I will be selling the iPod to a friend of mine so I'd prefer to not cut up the box before giving it to him; just seems an odd way to do it. I know they have to confirm everything though so.

3. anguyenn macrumors member

The iPod rebate form requires the original UPC code if I remember correctly and the printer can take the scanned copy, be sure on the printer rebate form you state that you got an iPod to so they can cross-reference the UPC codes to make sure it's legit and not just scanned. Unfortunately for the iPod -- you will need to get the original UPC code one way or another, same goes for the printer.

4. itou macrumors regular

yes. having just done this (for the mac + printer offer), you'll need the original UPC codes from both boxes. cut them out, make a copy for your own reference, and mail them out with the supplied form. apple will also send you an e-mail confirmation that they've received it, and another e-mail to let you know your cheque has been sent out. i reckon the iPod touch should be no different.

5. GabooN macrumors regular

Ok thank you. I suppose I won't really need the physical UPCs anyways since I will have the electronic receipt from my order, but I will scan it in anyways just incase.

6. expergo macrumors regular

Correction.....

Printer + Mac Promo: 1) Original Printer UPC, 2) Original Mac UPC

iPod + Mac Promo (if used with printer promo): 1) Original iPod UPC, 2) Photocopy Mac UPC

7. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I'm jealous of the USA process in which you just submit an online form. For Canada, fill out both forms, put in one (1) void cheque, one (1) original UPC from the Mac, and then each of the UPC's from the iPod and printer all in one envelope. Then just wait a few weeks and BAM! you got your rebate.

8. mrplough thread starter macrumors member

So they lost my forms. Their office is on King, my office is on Dundas. I had to call them and then fax them all my photocopies. I mean how can they lose the forms, I know the post did not. Sheez, I might as well walked there and taped it to an intern who work in that section. Ridiculous, to think I butchered my boxes for nothing. [Colorful words] you Apple. Please make photocopies.