Rebate for Ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by atavision, Sep 18, 2007.

1. atavision macrumors member

Does anyone know if the $100 Apple is giving the early "adopters" is good to buy stuff in the online Apple Store, like say ringtones? All I got was a print out with a barcode, can I use the barcode numbers online?

2. unity macrumors 6502a

Yes and no. Not directly, but I bet you can purchase iTunes gift cards for yourself from the Apple online store for use on iTunes.

3. tkhere macrumors newbie

You can't use it on the iTunes store. iTunes gift certs (Apple gift cards as well) are also out of the question. Apple has 2 clauses specifically preventing this.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

why waste your $100, you might as well just not spend it. Just what until October and buy Leopard for $29...

5. atavision thread starter macrumors member

Correction

Actually I ended up calling the Apple folks and they sent me out two $50 iTunes gift cards which I could enter into iTunes (via the rub off ID numbers on each of them) and then use the credit for any online purchase. I guess whatever "clauses" you're talking about have been changed.