Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fedgirl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
If you mess up on your rebate form, do you resend the documents? How is this handled?

My friend just sent in the upc from the shippers box and not the original upc from the product boxes....plz advise. I could not help them out on this question so I thought I would ask on the forum.:confused: I told my friend to call the promotion department tomorrow.

My friend just told me that it had the same serial number as the box of the product. I don't remember for my rebate, I sent that in some time ago.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Your best option is to just ask how they want it.

At the end of the day they are the ones who have to be appeased, it is not like they will give in and relent when you say "mad_jew on Macrumor forums told us to do this and that, you should listen because that is what he said your procedures are supposed to be"

"Urm, no?"

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I'd hope they'd let you know and give you a chance to send the right item. I did a rebate with a Sony photo printer and I sent in the wrong UPC bar and they sent me a letter back letting me know and I just sent in the correct one and got my check in a few weeks.

muymal

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
i did the same thing, and i dont' even have the upc code for my laptop either. they were so kind to send me an email. gave me a chance to send the upc code for my ipod and have me filled out a "lost upc code form" u get 14 days to send it in. 3 days after the letter was sent, i got an email saying they got everything and my dad will receive the rebate in 4-6 weeks.

SUCH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! LOVE apple!

henhowc

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If something happens to your UPCs, I believe they have you send in some lost UPC form.

If something happens in regards to your receipts, you can call them up and get a number you can fax your receipts to or you can just re-mail them by regular mail.

In both cases they are supposed to mail you a letter saying that your rebate submission was rejected. I never got the letter but I did check my status online (which then prompted me to call and complain about my receipts getting lost).

Annie88

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
Live Person at Apple Rebate

In case anyone is having trouble with your rebate and you need a LIVE person, dial 1-877-427-5776, option 7, then 5. Apple makes it as difficult as possible for you to talk to a live person about rebate problems. I sent all my documentation for the companion printer rebate by certified mail (USPS says Apple got it) and received no confirmation from Apple. I called a few weeks later and was told to fax the documentation, which I did, still no confirmation from Apple. They say they never got it. Now I have to complete the lost UPC form (yeah, lost by APPLE) and resend everything again. What a crock.

Roguepirate

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
In case anyone is having trouble with your rebate and you need a LIVE person, dial 1-877-427-5776, option 7, then 5. Apple makes it as difficult as possible for you to talk to a live person about rebate problems. I sent all my documentation for the companion printer rebate by certified mail (USPS says Apple got it) and received no confirmation from Apple. I called a few weeks later and was told to fax the documentation, which I did, still no confirmation from Apple. They say they never got it. Now I have to complete the lost UPC form (yeah, lost by APPLE) and resend everything again. What a crock.

Same kinda thing happened to me, Apple lost my iPod UPC, so i had to fax the Lost UPC form, i sent it about a month ago, no response, so i faxed it again 2 weeks again, still no response. I eventually got to a person who said to fax it to her and she'll hand it in for me, so i'm hoping that will work out. If it doesn't i'm going to have to sell my ipod because i cant just let a $200 rebate walk.

mbp657

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2007
I sent in both UPC code from my mbp and ipod shipping boxes. I got my rebate after a week or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.