Rebates, freebies and discounts, oh my!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ronross, Jun 7, 2008.

1. ronross macrumors newbie

I've read many of the threads and discussions regarding the above subject.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a MBP for my college bound son. Before I do, is there anything other than the educational discount available to us?

Thanks, in advance for your help.

RSR

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

There is the free ipod deal going on right now.

3. Jmanstk macrumors member

Yeah free iPod (By rebate) and you can also get a free printer (By rebate). Both can be used at the same time along with the education discount.

4. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Yes you can get up to $299 back on ipod or ipod touch.
    You can also at the same time, get $99 back on qualified printers from apple.
    Thats $400 worth of free stuff from Apple:D

5. mikepro44 macrumors member

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Not in OR, :D

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

There is a possibility (a strong one in fact) that your son's school will offer a better discount than Apple.

Many college computer stores offer even more heavily discounted macbooks or macbook pros, and they almost always match the free iPod deal along with a free printer and usually very cheap copies of either Office or iWork. Some even offer free extended warranty services.

I highly suggest you check out your son's computer store online first and then browse around. Sometimes they won't list the prices unless your son enters his student ID number, so be sure he's ready with that stuff. Otherwise, if you're going to go to the campus for an orientation or something to that effect, it would be very worthwhile to drop by the college's computer store.

8. ronross thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to call the school on Monday to see if they can provide any additional information about discounts or offers. If not, I'll order the MBP online.